British boxing superstar Anthony Joshua has gone into self-isolation after meeting with Prince Charles 16 days ago at Westminster Abbey.
The Queen's son has been tested positive for coronavirus, it was revealed this morning.
The Prince of Wales received confirmation on Monday evening that he had contracted the virus.
On March 9, Joshua was in attendance at the Commonwealth Day service alongside the 71-year-old, as well as Queen Elizabeth II.
AJ, though, is feeling fit and well while remaining at home amid the government's lockdown of the UK.
A spokesperson for Joshua has said: “AJ is at home following government guidelines, he is fit and well.
“He wishes everyone affected a speedy recovery and a huge thank you to all the front line key workers.”
Prince Charles, meanwhile, is self-isolating with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, at home in Scotland following the diagnosis.
Fury vs Joshua in doubt as Gypsy King’s promoter backs Kubrat Pulev win
Clarence House confirmed in a statement: "He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.
"The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 date 'could now be October' amid coronavirus outbreak
"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
The Queen, who is currently staying at Windsor Castle, last saw Charles on March 12 and is in good health.
Joshua's boxing calendar, meanwhile, has already been affected by the coronavirus crisis.
His bout with Kubrat Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was due to take place on June 20.
But that fight with the Bulgarian has already been postponed.
Last week, Pulev claimed the showdown will be pushed back "towards the end of the year".
He said: "It is impossible for the fight to take place on 20 June, although I am ready. The match will take place a few months later, perhaps towards the end of the year."
- Anthony Joshua
- Prince Charles
- HMS Queen Elizabeth
Source: Read Full Article