Boxing

Logan Paul explains why Floyd Mayweather fight has been postponed

Logan Paul and Floyd Mayweather have postponed their exhibition fight until they can host it in front of a full crowd.

YouTube star Paul was due to take on the ring legend on February 20 but the bout has been pushed back indefinitely.

Paul insists the fight will take place, however, and claims it has broken pre-sale pay-per-view records.

"The Floyd Mayweather fight is pushed which I'm completely OK with," he said on his podcast.

"we knew it was going to be pushed for a minute now, some covid business complications is what I can say

"The fight is still happening so easy with the rumours that there's no interest. This fight broke every single combat sports record for pre-sale pay-per-view numbers – shattered them.

"I don't want to get the narrative twisted; we had a leak inside the camp which was annoying and everyone made up their own reasons why it was postponed.

"We want to have a packed arena somewhere and on the business side we have to iron things out. He's got a lot of people on his team… Al Haymon (Mayweather's manager) got involved."

Reports circulated last month that the fight had been postponed but no confirmation was forthcoming.

Fight organisers Fanmio finally released a statement last night which said: "After an absolutely tremendous response to the fight announcement, we're hoping to announce a new date very soon along with some new exciting details."

Paul has fought just once as a professional, losing to bitter social media rival KSI in 2019.

His fight with Mayweather will not be sanctioned and no rules have been announced.

Paul added: "I need as much practice, training and sparring as possible under my belt.

"I believe that every day that goes by I get one-to-two per cent better and he gets one-to-two days older.

"I'm ready to fight anytime and anywhere, I'm just going to keep training."

Source: Read Full Article