The PGA Tour has confirmed that all events for the remainder of the 2019-20 season will be played without spectators due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Get the best prices and book a round at one of 1,700 courses across the UK & Ireland
No results found. Please try another search.
Tournament golf resumed after a 91-day shutdown at the Charles Schwab Challenge on June 11, with the first five events since the restart taking place behind closed doors.
Plans to allow spectators at The Memorial were abandoned earlier this month, while the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational and the PGA Championship – the opening major of 2020 – have also stated in recent weeks that they would have to be held without crowds.
The earliest fans were set to return was the Wyndham Championship from August 13-16, the final regular-season event, although the PGA Tour has decided that ‘out of an abundance of caution’ the tournament and the following three FedExCup play-offs would go ahead with no spectators.
“As we have said from the start, our No. 1 priority remains the health and safety of everyone in the communities where we are invited guests each week,” said PGA Tour Chief Tournaments and Competitions Officer Andy Pazder.
“We remain very excited to present the Wyndham Championship to a global audience as it determines the outcome of the Wyndham Rewards Top 10 and sets the field for the FedExCup play-offs.”
Source: Read Full Article