F1

Inside Lewis Hamilton’s £32m New York pad as F1 icon hints he’ll move back to UK

Lewis Hamilton splashed out £32m for a penthouse in New York in 2019 though the Formula One star has hinted he will start to spend longer in London instead.

Formula One world champion Hamilton has properties in America and England, though currently calls Monte Carlo home.

His latest New York property added to another similar property in the city that he bought in 2017.

Hamilton’s pad has views of the Hudson River, as well as a swimming pool, fitness centre, squash court and library.

It is part of a project part-owned by NFL star Tom Brady and his model wife Gisele Bundchen.

Hamilton currently lives in Monaco, and plans to stay there for the time being, though is actually preparing for a life back in the UK.

He is currently renovating his London property with scaffolding being seen covering much of the house.

The Brit, 36, had said: "Currently, I have no plans on changing where I live. I live in a dream place that all the other drivers live in too, in Monaco.

"I do have a home in England, which I am really excited to be finished, so when I do come to England I finally have an anchor.

"A place to call my own, rather than staying in hotels, which is never particularly enjoyable considering I do that a lot throughout the year.

"I think it is the start of something great and a place I will naturally have my family come to and maybe, in the future, have a family."

Top trending sport stories right now

• Players you forgot were Prem stars
  • Lola Bunny's new physique "offensive"
  • Rugby stars dared to swim with dead rats
  • Fury vs AJ turns bitter between teams
  • The new Formula One season begins in two weeks in Bahrain with Hamilton looking to retain his world title.

Hamilton confirmed he will stay at Mercedes, though expects a tough battle with Red Bull in the new campaign.

He said: “We’re a multi championship-winning team and we know how to pull together and keep our head down and focus on the job but, without doubt, it’s quite impressive to see the speed of some of the other teams.

“Red Bull are looking particularly strong. And it’s great to see McLaren, also looking strong and also Renault so I’m excited. That means more fun.

“[Red Bull] are going to be a different machine or animal this year, with I think, a real good, strong lineup of the two drivers and, I think, a really good car.

“You can only assume they’re going to be right there at the front at the first race and it’s going to be a great long battle with them throughout the year.”

READ MORE: Man Utd eye Burnley stopper Nick Pope as ideal David de Gea replacement

READ MORE: Mason Mount's dad explains Chelsea's star confident prediction when Thomas Tuchel arrived

Source: Read Full Article