Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson says the back-to-back champions have no interest in signing unwanted Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai jnr.
Pangai jnr is expected to part ways with the Broncos and his $650,000 a year contract after he breached the club’s COVID bubble by attending a barber shop opening over the weekend.
The Tongan star has been linked with the Roosters on numerous occasions, including as recently as last week when he reportedly shopped himself to Tricolours chairman Nick Politis.
But Robinson said the Roosters won’t be signing Pangai jnr, declaring that the troubled prop doesn’t suit the Bondi-based club’s culture.
“No, he won’t be at the Roosters,” Robinson said about Pangai jr, who won’t play again until 2021 because the NRL’s transfer deadline passed on August 3.
“I don’t know what’s going on up there, but we’ve worked really hard – as you can see – for the type of player that we want.
“And he’s not going to fit that mould.”
The four reasons the Broncos tore up Tevita Pangai Jr’s contract. https://t.co/lS4Vvm6RfQ @travismeyn @badel_cmail pic.twitter.com/01SlYGcnvz
Meanwhile, Robinson confirmed skipper Boyd Cordner won’t return from his concussion struggles for at least another fortnight.
“We don’t want it to be ongoing,” he said.
“I guess we had the experience of Luke Keary last year and you can see how Luke’s playing, training, and performing.
“And we’ve made a decision to take the six weeks we took with Luke last year. “It will be another couple of weeks out and the expert advice we’ve been getting, we feel like that’s the right length.
“It’ll be another couple of weeks out. He’s back, running at training with us but we will focus on getting him ready, getting him healthy, ready to play again.”
Source: Read Full Article