Soccer

Arsenal to make second bid for Danilo after World Cup group stage

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Arsenal will make a bid for Palmeiras midfielder Danilo after the World Cup group stage, according to reports. The Gunners saw an opening offer for the Brazilian turned down late in the summer transfer window but are set to return in an attempt to complete a January deal.

Arsenal are set to prioritise the signing of a winger in the winter window. However, they are also looking at adding to their central midfield resources.

Palmeiras were not willing to sell Danilo in the summer as it was midway through their domestic season. But now the Brazilian campaign is over, a deal looks more viable.

Arsenal are claimed to have had an offer of around £21.4million (€25m) rejected in the summer. But transfer reporter Jorge Nicola claims a similar bid could now be accepted by Palmeiras.

Mikel Arteta is ‘enjoying the moment’ as Arsenal open up five-point lead

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Nicola claims he has spoken to the player’s representatives. Arsenal are still said to be monitoring Danilo and a new offer is set to be submitted once the World Cup group stage comes to an end on December 2.

Danilo is not part of the Brazil squad but Arsenal may be assessing all their options before making an improved proposal. Arsenal are not the only team to be interested in signing Danilo.

Ajax and Monaco have also been linked with a move in recent days. But the prospect of joining the Premier League leaders could be too good to turn down.

Danilo has spent the vast majority of his professional career at Palmeiras. Their decision to keep him for the remainder of the Brazilian season proved to be the right one as they were crowned Serie A champions earlier this month.

DON’T MISS
World Cup violence breaks out in Qatar as ‘Mexico and Argentina fans clash’
Ronaldo ‘close to accepting two-year contract’ as Newcastle ruled out
Man Utd’s insane XI if Apple complete £6bn takeover including five megastars

But now it appears his time in his home country could be coming to an end. Speaking earlier this week, Danilo claimed he is ready for a move elsewhere.

He told UOL Sport: “I see myself mature enough to be able to play in any competition in the world, I’m ready.

“Palmeiras helped me a lot, from the off, with [director] Joao Paulo [Sampaio]. And I kept my mentality strong with the arrival of Abel [Ferreira].

“I prefer not to get involved with these transfer issues. I told my agent to only talk to me if it’s the right thing. Then we sit down and talk to Palmeiras and decide what’s best for everyone.”

Want the latest Premier League news as we publish it on Express Sport? Join our new Facebook group by clicking here

Source: Read Full Article