Soccer

Fulham 'want Ryan Sessegnon back on loan'

Fulham ‘want Ryan Sessegnon back on loan’ after sealing Premier League return but Jose Mourinho ‘is determined to keep youngster’ despite nightmare 12 months at Tottenham

  • Fulham are reportedly leading the chase for Tottenham’s Ryan Sessegnon
  • The 20-year-old failed to play a single minute for Spurs after the season’s restart
  • Sessegnon has struggled since making a £25m move from Fulham last year

Ryan Sessegnon could be set for a sensational return to Fulham after his former club sealed their return to the Premier League on Tuesday night.

Scott Parker’s side defeated Brentford 2-0 with two goals in extra time at Wembley to bounce straight back to the top-flight just a year after relegation.

And they are believed to be leading the race for 20-year-old Sessegnon, just 12 months after he left Craven Cottage for Tottenham, according to The Telegraph.

Ryan Sessegnon has found himself out of favour in recent months at Tottenham

Spurs signed Sessegnon in a £25million deadline day move just 12 months ago but he has struggled to cement his place in the side in his debut campaign there.

Injury prevented him from making more than two appearances under Mauricio Pochettino, and he failed to play a single minute under Jose Mourinho during the restart period in June and July.

But Mourinho is said to be determined to keep the England youngster in north London despite his various struggles with form and fitness in the past year.

Sessegnon has seen his star fall steeply since he was named Championship Player of the Season at just 17 two years ago when he led Fulham’s charge back to the Premier League.

Fulham are believed to be interested in a move to bring Sessegnon back on loan this summer

But Jose Mourinho is determined to keep hold of the youngster, despite his limited game time

He made 120 appearances after coming through the academy at Craven Cottage  but has yet to deliver on his potential at Spurs.  

Fulham boss Parker admitted on Tuesday night that the club would not embark on another £100million spending spree this summer as they did on their last promotion in 2018. 

‘There were some clear errors made last time,’ said Parker. ‘We will learn from that. We need to learn from that.

‘We’re going into the best league in the world, the best players, the best teams. It’s a brutal league and I realise the challenge ahead.’




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article