Jordan Henderson hands England a boost as the Liverpool captain returns to full training ahead of final warm-up clash with Romania before Euro 2020
- Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson is completing full England training sessions
- Midfielder was selected by Gareth Southgate despite not finishing the season
- Henderson is expected to play a role in Sunday’s friendly with Romania
- It is England’s final warm-up fixture before starting their Euro 2020 campaign
- Find out the latest Euro 2020 news including fixtures, live action and results here.
Jordan Henderson trained with the England squad ahead of Sunday’s final Euro 2020 warm-up friendly against Romania.
Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions kicked-off their Euro preparations with a 1-0 win against fellow finalists Austria at the Riverside Stadium on Wednesday.
That friendly was set to be Liverpool skipper Henderson’s first appearance for club or country since undergoing groin surgery in February, only to miss out after complaining of discomfort on the morning of the match.
After ending the Premier League season injured, Jordan Henderson is back in training
Henderson was selected for the England Euro 2020 squad after proving his fitness to coaches
The Liverpool skipper trained with the national squad this week in Middesbrough
But the 30-year-old trained with the squad ahead of taking on Romania at Middlesbrough’s Rockliffe Park training ground on Saturday.
England skipper Harry Kane and Wednesday’s man-of-the-match Bukayo Saka did not train with the group, with the Football Association saying they were ‘following a personal training programme indoors to manage load’.
Harry Maguire was also doing the same on Saturday. The Manchester United captain joined up with the squad on Thursday and is recovering from an ankle ligament injury sustained at Aston Villa a month ago.
Henderson is expected to play a role in Sunday’s final friendly with Romania before Euro 2020
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article