Soccer

Marco Silva says goodbye to Everton flops at Liverpool with fuming boss on brink of sack

Everton boss Marco Silva reportedly bid farewell to his Toffees squad after Wednesday night’s defeat to Liverpool left him on the brink of the sack. Goals from Divock Origi, Xherdan Shaqiri, Sadio Mane and Georginio Wijnaldum consigned Everton to a crushing 5-2 loss at Anfield which left Farhad Moshiri and co. with a decision to make.

The Sun report Silva said his goodbyes to his Everton flops after the devastating Merseyside Derby result plunged them into the relegation zone following Southampton’s win over Norwich earlier in the evening.

Silva is apparently expecting to be sacked as early as Thursday morning, with a whole host of managers already tipped to replace him in the dugout at Goodison Park.

The under-fire Portuguese refused to answer more questions on his future following the 5-2 defeat to Liverpool, insisting it was not his place to speak about what would happen to him.

“I am not the right person to answer about the situation, this question is for different people,” Silva said. “Every game I get the same question. My words here will change nothing.

JUST IN: Everton star Richarlison explains stance on long-term future

“I understand why there are these type of questions (about the sack), but I don’t like to talk every match about my future.

“We knew what they would try to do, we knew everything, we cannot concede goals in that way at the level we are.”

Silva launched into a furious tirade at his Everton squad, who have now lost seven of their past 10 games and are only being kept off the bottom of the table by Norwich and Watford.

“We cannot concede goals in the way we conceded. The way we conceded was not good enough, we should be more brave,” Silva said.

DON’T MISS

How Marco Silva reacted before to Everton sack speculation [QUOTES]

Liverpool defied worrying statistic to overcome Everton [ANALYSIS]

Wayne Rooney’s Merseyside Derby prediction goes wrong [QUOTES]

READ MORE

  • Everton chiefs have already made David Moyes contact

“Last season we had the fourth best defence in the Premier League, but tonight it was not good enough. Just not good enough.

“It is really tough for us to be in the relegation zone but if you are there you are making the same mistakes. I’m not here to talk about the fight of the players, our opponent was more brave than us. We should do better of course, we were not good enough.

“We are making some mistakes which put us under big, big pressure. The type of mistakes we are making is because the players are playing under big pressure because of the position in the table. They are making some mistakes that are not normal for the level we are.”

David Moyes has been tipped to take charge of Everton on an interim basis until the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

Source: Read Full Article