Tottenham: Bale 'should never play for club again'
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Tottenham transfer target Mikkel Damsgaard has seen his value triple since he moved to Sampdoria, according to reports. Damsgaard has impressed for the Serie A side after joining from Danish club Nordsjaelland last summer. The 20-year-old is a Denmark international who can play across the front line.
Spurs may be in the market for a wide attack this summer, with Gareth Bale’s future in doubt.
Bale is only on loan at Tottenham and is set to return to Real Madrid in the summer.
Half of Damsgaard’s Serie A appearances have come as a substitute under former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri.
But he has seemingly done enough to attract interest from Spurs.
JUST IN: Barcelona chief Joan Laporta decides on Erling Haaland alternative with Lionel Messi key
Italian outlet Club Doria say Tottenham have been thinking about Damsgaard ‘constantly’ since the January transfer window.
The report claims the winger’s destiny has been sealed, with a move away from Sampdoria likely sooner or later.
Damsgaard joined Sampdoria for a fee of around £5.7million (€6.7m) but his value is now said to have tripled to around £17.1m (€20.1m).
He scored two goals and contributed two assists for Denmark in Sunday’s 8-0 demolition of Moldova in a World Cup qualifier.
Man City hatch Erling Haaland and Harry Kane transfer plan which could benefit Man Utd [RUMOUR]
Liverpool transfer target Ibrahima Konate ‘dissatisfied’ as £34m deal faces obstacle [REPORT]
Cristiano Ronaldo ‘decides to leave Juventus’ with two clubs interested [GOSSIP]
Last week, Wales star Bale said his plan was always to return to Real at the end of his loan.
“I think the main reason I came to Spurs this year was to play football first and foremost,” Bale said.
“Going into the Euros I wanted to be match-fit. The original plan was to do a season at Spurs and after the Euros still have a year left at Real Madrid.
“My plan is to go back, that’s as far I have planned.”
However, the 31-year-old moved to clarify those comments on Monday, saying he did not mean to be disrespectful towards Spurs.
“I think for me, first and foremost I still have this season, and I still have plenty of games to go for the Euros,” Bale told Sky Sports.
“Obviously, going into next season, legally my contract says I have to go back to Real Madrid, which is what I stated, which I don’t think is being disrespectful to anybody. That’s legally what I have to do.
“Real Madrid are I guess my parent club and as far as I agreed I was on Tottenham on loan until the end of the season and I go back. That’s the plan so far.
“The reason I left was because I wanted to play games and get match fit and enjoy my football. Obviously come the summer I will go back to Real Madrid and we’ll go from there.
“I think the plan is to go back and then whether then I sit down with my agent is something we’ll do in the summer.”
Source: Read Full Article