Save articles for later
Add articles to your saved list and come back to them any time.
Three-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray has withdrawn from the clay-court French Open, organisers said on Sunday.
The 36-year-old British player lost in the 2016 final to Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros in western Paris.
The French Open begins on May 28 and the tournament will also be without record 14-time champion Rafael Nadal. The 36-year-old Spaniard announced on Thursday that his lingering hip injury still has not healed properly.
An earlier report from British broadcaster BBC said Murray is skipping the French Open to prioritise Wimbledon, where he has won two of his majors on grass.
Murray lost in the first round of the Italian Open last week and was then beaten 6-3, 6-0 by fellow veteran Stan Wawrinka at an ATP Challenger event in Bordeaux on Wednesday.
Wimbledon begins on July 3.
Most Viewed in Sport
Source: Read Full Article